Week 3 – Statement of Cause “The MKMMA has been formed to create the premium “self-discovery experience” worldwide for people to learn not only how to identify their Dharma [DMP], but also to find, manifest and follow their bliss….Harmony is based on members completing assignments on time, attitude, participation and constructive feedback.”
What is harmony? Why did Mark & Davene request it? Are we in harmony?
Week 1 – “This MKMMA course is a process of authentic self-discovery….Notice when you resist – that is the subconscious running your Old Blueprint.”
Week 2 – “The feeling of being overwhelmed is your subconscious telling you to quit…over-rule it! See, there are only 2 types of people who have started this process: The type who knows this is great material and these are great ideas, and will observe their subconscious telling them to quit and over-rule it…and the type who knows this is great material and these are great ideas, but will not observe the subconscious blue print that quits new and unfamiliar things – and will quit.
I believe (I know this is an opinion – my apologies – figured I was safe in a blog post) there may be a 3rd type of person. Someone who may not realize this is great material and does not agree that these are great ideas. They may kick and scream about having to do what they are asked to do. However they complete the assignments (even if done grudgingly). They are not concerned about whether there is an old blue print they are listening to or not. Everything seems off BUT they do not quit. These people may be struggling with the entire process and although persevering, don’t see the vision.
Is this person in harmony?
Are their struggles just a louder call for greater help, more love and better understanding?
“I will greet this day with love in my heart.” Og Mandino
The term harmony is typically used as it relates to music. For the purpose of what we are doing it may be considered one of the alternate definitions: an agreement; an accord; a harmonious relation. The only other definition which came close was for Communal harmony (as it refers to) the harmony that exists within a community or a group. The relationship between communities such as this is smooth and grows to greater heights if sustained well. Fear, suspicion and hatred should not be left to rule a community as this brings about communal disharmony.
After having read through a number of posts these past few weeks, having come across a few who may indeed be struggling, and others who admit to being overwhelmed, I decided to write a second post this week in the hopes some of my thoughts / words may inspire.
- This is a lot of information we are being thrown. It may feel like there are not enough hours in the day. Or we may feel like we are back in school and it all seems daunting since it has been a really long time since we were in any type of formal education situation (I raise my hand here). Do not despair. Do not concentrate on how hard it is. Remember that is our old blue print talking. Take a deep breath. Schedule your time (OATS) and then allow. When you allow rather than concentrate on the challenge, the challenge may no longer appear….well, challenging!
- We are being asked to make time to read 3x per day when some of us would struggle with once. This was a tough one but the reality – I WAS reading daily – just not anything which bettered my mind or my inner world. What was really interesting was when I timed how long it took to read everything required and then considering how many hours are in a day! It really seemed reasonable once you look at actual numbers.
- We are reading words which may seem alien to us, may be odd or difficult to understand and in some cases the intent behind the words may be in conflict with our current belief system or human “hereditary” perspectives (memes http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memetics). I admit I am still struggling through reading the Law of Compensation. But hey, if reading this helps to provide me with even a scrap of what Mark & Davene have, I’m persevering through it. All things make sense in the end…and if they don’t make sense yet, it’s not the end (twist on an old phrase). Join me in having faith and patience.
- We are being asked to dig deep into who we are and pull out what we believe to be our ‘dharma’ (DMP or Definite Major Purpose), write about it, read it constantly, connect with it and envision it in lights – when before today we may have been living quietly without thought to our future (other than what’s on tap for tomorrow or next week). If you don’t get it right away or have to change it along the way…remember, that’s perfectly ok. It’s yours. No one else has this purpose. We are all unique and have something special to offer. Take time to find out what it is. In the words of Deepak Chopra, “There are three components to the Law of Dharma.
- The first component says that each of us is here to discover our true Self, to find out that we are spiritual beings, or divinity in disguise.
- The second component of the Law of Dharma says that each of us has a unique talent that we are here to express. Our talent is so unique that no one else alive has that talent, or that expression of that talent. When we are expressing our unique talent – or more than one talent in many cases – we are happy, and we lose track of time.
- The third component of the Law of Dharma says that we are here to serve our fellow human beings with our talent. By asking the question ‘How can I help all those with whom I come into contact?’ we combine the expression of our unique talent with service to humanity, and make full use of the Law of Dharma.”
In summary, Mark & Davene have created something which they believe (and many others, who have already been through the course with them, believe) will help us to grow as human “be”ings. They are encouraging us to “be” more, by showing us a way to “be”come whatever is our greatest potential. (do-be-do-be-do – F.A. Sinatra)
In exchange they have asked us to be in Harmony with the process and with each other.
Enjoy the process. Rewrite that old blue print. And “be”come all that you will to “be”.
“I will greet this day with love in my heart.” Og Mandino